Who is eOne?
eOne is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 02989602), whose registered office is at 120 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6XX.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process PII that you provide to us in accordance with the applicable privacy laws.
Where is PII collected on the Peppa Pig Site?
The Peppa Pig Site is directed to children between the ages of 2 and 5. It contains a children’s section (the “Children’s Site”) and a parents’ section (the “Grown-Up Site”). On the Children’s Site, children participate only by playing games, reading e-books and watching videos. There is nowhere on the Children’s Site where a child can sign up or enter PII. The only part of the Peppa Pig Site where anyone can enter information is the Grown-Up Site.
Accordingly, we do not anticipate that we will be collecting any PII directly from any children. We anticipate and assume that we will be collecting PII only from parents. If we do learn that a child under the age of 18 has provided PII on the Peppa Pig Site, we will not process any PII of that child without the consent of that child’s parent or guardian.
What PII do we collect on the Peppa Pig Site?
Actively, meaning, you knowingly provide it to us:
• When you sign up on the Peppa Pig Site, we ask you for your first and last name, e-mail address, and country, and for your child’s first name, birthday, and gender.
• When you have your child enter a competition on the Peppa Pig Site, you will need to provide your child’s first name, birthday and gender, and whatever other information that particular competition requests.
• Passively, through cookies and other tracking technology (see our Cookies policy below):
• If you access the Peppa Pig Site through a computer, we will be able to identify the country in which you are located. If you access the Peppa Pig Site through our mobile app icon, we will collect more specific geolocation information.
• However you access the Peppa Pig Site, we will be able to identify your IP address, which is the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you use to access the Peppa Pig Site, and we will be able to tell that someone at that IP address viewed particular pages of the Peppa Pig Site. (Some states consider IP addresses to be PII.)
Do we collect any other kind of information through your use of the Peppa Pig Site?
Through cookies and other online tracking methods, we may also collect anonymised details about visitors to the Peppa Pig Site for the purpose of compiling, analyzing or reporting aggregate statistics. No individual person will be identifiable from the anonymized details we collect for these purposes.
A cookie is a small data file that a website transfers to a user's hard drive when a user visits the website. A cookie file can contain information such as a unique ID that the site uses to track the pages visited, and is a standard method of registering website user preferences. These preferences are stored in a file on your computer's hard disk drive.
We use “analytical” cookies to recognize and count the number of visitors to the Peppa Pig Site and to see how visitors move around the Peppa Pig Site when they’re using it. This helps us improve the way the Peppa Pig Site works, for example, by making sure users find what they need easily.
The Peppa Pig Site also uses local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, are pieces of data that websites which use Adobe Flash Player may store on your computer, such as personal game preferences or game progress.
You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. Rejecting a cookie, however, may preclude you from using, or may negatively affect the display or function of, the Peppa Pig Site or certain areas or features of the Peppa Pig Site.
To learn more about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser's help menus or visit http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public/topic_specific_guides/online/cookies.
We also use web beacons. A web beacon is an object that is embedded in a web page or email and is usually invisible to the user but allows checking that a user has viewed the page or email.
How might we use the PII that we collect?
We, either directly or through outside data processors acting on our behalf, may use your PII for the following purposes:
• To provide our services, activities and online content and to provide you with information about those services, activities and online content that may be tailored to your or your children’s individual tastes.
• If you have given us consent, to send you/your children information about products and services that we think may interest you or your children. (You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time.)
• To send out newsletters to which you/your children have subscribed.
• To contact winners of prizes in our competitions.
• To identify your child as the winner of a particular competition.
• If you have given us consent, to provide your e-mail address to third parties to enable them to send you information about their products and services. If you do give us such consent but later change your mind, you may contact us and we will direct any third party to whom we may have given your e-mail (with your consent) to remove your PII from their lists.
• To complete any purchases you make through the Peppa Pig Site.
• To provide you/your children with services that you request.
• We use your IP address for session restoration, geo-based redirection (so that if you are located in the United States, you see only the United States version of the Peppa Pig Site), eCRM (electronic customer relationship management) click/open tracking (so that we can personalize your visit to the Peppa Pig Site), and similar functions that affect your experience of the Peppa Pig Site.
With whom do we share your PII?
As noted above, we may share your PII with our outside marketing vendor/data processor, who hosts the Peppa Pig Site, stores all data from the Peppa Pig Site for us, and sends out e-mails on our behalf.
If you make a purchase on the Peppa Pig Site, we may share your credit-card information with an outside credit-card processor.
If you give us consent to share your PII with a third party, we will disclose the PII you have authorized us to share, to that third party. We will not disclose any PII collected from any child under the age of 18 to anyone else without the consent of a parent or guardian.
If a third party acquires all or substantially all of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your PII to that third party in connection with the acquisition.
We may disclose your PII where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Other than as described above, we will not disclose, sell or rent your PII to any third party.
Can any third party track your use of the Peppa Pig Site?
We use Google® Analytics. Google tracks where you go on the Peppa Pig Site and combines that information with information that Google may have about you through your Google account (if you have one) and/or through your use of other websites that use Google Analytics.
We do not permit anyone other than Google and its affiliates to track your use of the Peppa Pig Site.
We do not permit any third party to serve ads while you use the Peppa Pig Site.
With some browsers, it is possible for a user to activate a “Do Not Track” signal, to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked across the websites that the user visits. The Peppa Pig Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals. In other words, if you have activated a Do Not Track signal in your own browser, the Peppa Pig Site will not take any action to block tracking by Google or its affiliates of your activity on the Peppa Pig Site.
What rights do you have with respect to your PII?
You have the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect PII that we hold about you free of charge.
You have the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we (or any third party to whom we have disclosed your PII with your consent) may send you.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to ask us for the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom we share your PII under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq. (“Cal-OPPA”)), and we must provide that information to you within thirty (30) days.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we protect and maintain the integrity of your PII on the Peppa Pig Site?
We take reasonable steps (which do not include the use of encryption or SSL) to protect your PII as you transmit it from your computer to the Peppa Pig Site and to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Peppa Pig Site may not be secure. You are responsible for keeping your password to the Peppa Pig Site secure and for safeguarding any other passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features that you use on the Peppa Pig Site.